We are all set for racing Tuesday – with race chair Jesse Ward, Dave and Gail’s boat and with Gail and Keith running the races, so all we need now is for mother nature to cooperate. It does look promising, the rain is going to end, and they’re predicting that we’ll have partly sunny skies with WNW winds at around 7 mph at 6 pm. We meet at Brewster’s following the races.
For the two Tuesdays following tomorrow (August 16th and 23rd) the Race Committee is in dire need of a boat from which to run the races. If we don’t have a boat, then RACING WILL BE CANCELLED until August 30th. We are all set for tomorrow, thank you Dave and Gail!
Tuesday night looks light and variable – again, maybe the weatherman will be wrong, let’s hope……. A big thanks going out to Andy and Julie for hosting the dinner after the float party! What a great time on the water AND off, and wonderful food! So much so that we are gathering there again after or instead of sailing for taco leftovers from our float party yesterday. Rumor has it that we’ll be watching Olympic sailing. BYOB. Address is : 9833 Woodlawn Drive.
We have wonderful weather predicted for this Sunday’s Float party. If you haven’t done so already, please RSVPto myself or Julie so we know how much smoked meat to order from Barrett’s. We can arrange for rides out to the flotilla if we know you need one!
Non-lake residents please arrange for a ride for fun and sun, or be at Andy & Julie’s house (9833 Woodlawn Dr) by no later than 1:45 (when the pontoon boat leaves the dock). Bring Jello or pudding shots or snacks to share on the water. We will be on the water from 2-4:30 PM after which we will return to the Lenczycki’s for dinner to follow. Fleet will provide fixin’s for tacos/wraps, fun salsa’s and some beverages. BRING either a salad, fruit or veggies to share at Lenczycki’s. See you on the water.
Well if we didn’t have enough of the light and variable last week, guess what – we are supposed to have it AGAIN tonight. Stayed tuned for updates on the race status, which will be posted on the Facebook page. Statistician Andy Lenczycki will not be around, so if we do race, results will be posted on the website late tonight. We have the room at Brewster’s, however, not until later. As they’ve done in the past when we are early, we have a table in the main section.
We have wonderful weather predicted for this Sunday’s Float party. If you haven’t done so already, please RSVP to myself or Julie so we know how much smoked meat to order from Barrett’s. We can arrange for rides out to the flotilla if we know you need one!
Just a final reminder that fleet members that haven’t paid their annual dues (that were due in May) will not be scored until they are members in good standing. Give Faith and Kathy a break and bring you check or cash to Brewsters THIS Tuesday night!
For this week’s sailing, we’re looking at a summer night of weather, 86 degrees and mostly sunny, with northwest winds at 5-10 mph. At least that’s today’s forecast for Tuesday. We meet at Brewster’s after the racing, for results, and at least for this week, some entertainment as we will replay the races from LVACWS Portsmouth 16 that just finished earlier today (Sunday).
As a note – if anyone finds themselves not being able to sail this week (or any other) and wants to come onto the committee boat, PLEASE contact our PRO Jerry Mohney.
Float party is Sunday August 7th, details to follow very soon! Get out your Jello and pudding shot recipes and clear room in your freezers and refrigerators……….time to get ready for the festivities!
Tuesday is the 3rd week of the summer series, and hopefully the weather will cooperate, unlike last week. Forecast is for a beautiful summer day, sunny with a high of 87, with west /northwest winds at 5 to 10 mph. After sailing we go to Brewsters’.
Sign up lists for race committee boat, race chairmen, and race committee staff have been emailed to everyone. Please look these over and sign up if you can. We are still in need of a boat for August 2nd and August 9th. If we do not have a boat for the race committee, racing will be cancelled!