This Tuesday, we’re looking at a sunny 85 degrees, with SSE winds of 5-10 mph. We are meeting at Brewsters as usual, following the races and I will have membership forms for those who have yet to join. Hope to see you out there!
A new website page has been added, titled Want Crew/Will Crew. This page is for listing individuals and their contact information for people needing a crew (Want Crew) and those wishing to get on someone’s boat to crew (Will Crew). Contact Andy Lenczycki to add or update your contact or availability info.
This week looks much more promising for sailing, with partly sunny skies, a high of 82 degrees and SSW winds at 7-11 MPH. Perfect conditions (at least in my book)!
We have a new sailor on our mailing list, Stuar Casteel, who Is from Marquette, MI, has sailed the Hobie 16 – mostly on Lake Superior. He is interested in crewing, so if you need a crew, contact him using the information below. Welcome Stuart! I will be including this crew list weekly now, and for anyone who either knows someone who would like to crew, or is available to crew themselves, please contact me and I will add the information to the list for that week.
Stuart Casteel: firstname.lastname@example.org (269) 929-5092
Also, just a reminder, some have yet to join the fleet. Please remember to bring your checkbook or money to the after sailing gathering at Brewster’s Junction on Portage Road.
Due to a complete lack of any visible signs of wind on the lake, racing for tonight (5/17) has been cancelled. We will be meeting at Brewsters to make offerings to the wind gods.
This is our 3rd week of the Spring series – good call on the cancellation for last week, Jerry!
For this week, we are looking at cloudy skies, temps in the high 50’s, with light and variable winds. Mother nature is just not cooperating lately, is it? Maybe the forecast is not exactly accurate for Austin L – let’s hope at least……… All cancellations will be posted on Facebook and through an email like last week. We are meeting at Brewster’s as always, after or instead of racing.
Sailing tonight is cancelled due to weather – rain and cold temps! We are still going to Brewsters, 6:30/7:00 so come on out!
So we’re on! Please RSVP and let Kathy Rubino know if you are coming! If you can’t or choose to not bring your boat, you are more than welcome to come out to help or observe from the ALCA gurus.
Here are the details:
- Meet at the Austin Lake landing at 11 am Saturday May 7th.
- tune boats there and around the lake at houses who RSVP
- lunch – either at landing or where ever the group is time and place TBD around 1 pm – 2 pm
- Race Chair seminar on Dunlap/Rubino pontoon boat 3 – 4 pm – meet at landing if interested
- A weather-related go or no-go will be decided on Saturday by 10 am. We will e-mail and also post on Facebook if cancelled
- Possible rain date Saturday May 14th
The first scheduled racing for the Spring Series for 2016 is Tuesday, May 3rd. Starting sequence will begin at 6:30 PM.
We will be meeting for results afterwards at Brewster’s on Portage Road once again.
Don’t forget your membership fees are due NOW! You won’t be scored if you’re not a current member. You can pay ALCA Treasurer Faith Akert at Brewster’s Tuesday night.
Watch here for updates on possible weather related delay or cancellation for Tuesday’s racing.