Hope you have been enjoying this beautiful weather!!
WOW, we are at week #6 of the 2017 Spring Series with tomorrow’s weather looking fairly decent and hopefully those forecasted isolated t-storms will bypass our lake area
Winds should be around NNE10-15, and temps in the mid-seventies.
We are looking ahead for the summer pontoon boat party – after looking at the various regatta calendars, we have come up with two possible dates – July 23 or August 20. We are also looking for a host house to accommodate everyone for dinner
Let me know if you are interested in being the host house for the pontoon float and you can choose which Sunday we gather.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!! We saw some sailing on Austin Lake, some fires and loads of fantastic SW Mitten weather!! We are at week #5 and the weather looks great for tonight!! Partly cloudy, 68 degrees and a west wind 15 mph….and the water temp is comfortable!! Should be a great night for sailing!
A reminder that we are soon approaching race dates in which we either don’t have a committee boat, or enough sailors manning the committee boat. Please review the documents I emailed to everyone and see what date you might be able assist the fleet on.
Hey Gang – can you believe we are at week #4 of the 2017 Spring Series?? Hopefully, our casualties from last week are doing okay.
The forecast for tomorrow doesn’t look to promising so pay attention the the FB page for announcements.
From the Weather Channel just now – Tuesday, May 23, 2017 Forecast calls for overcast skies with rain showers at times. Thunder possible. Low 54F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph, gusts to 21 mph . Chance of rain 50%.
Too bad we aren’t racing tonight
Looks like the weather may finally be on our side! Tuesday night’s weather looks great for sailing…mid eighty degree temps, slight clouds, SSW winds at 16 mph….should be great!!
I will have membership forms for you to fill out at Brewster’s after racing so bring your checkbook if you have yet to pay for 2017.
Enjoy the weather early this week!
Due to inclement weather conditions, racing is again cancelled for the night. All interested parties are welcome to show up at Brewster’s at 7 PM. We have the South room to ourselves tonight.
Due to the unusually low wind/water temperatures along with higher than average winds, racing for Week 1, May 2, 2017 had been cancelled. We will still be meeting at Brewster’s on Portage Road for anyone interested at 7 PM so we can brag about, “we wanted to sail, but everyone else didn’t!”
For all you “hardy” sailing fans out there, we are SCHEDULED to begin the Spring 2017 racing series on Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Current weather outlook does NOT look good, but stay tuned. I believe we will be meeting at Brewster’s on Portage Road again this year unless notified otherwise. Will be meeting around 7 PM if we do NOT sail, otherwise immediately after sailing – if we do sail.
Hello all Austin Lake Catamaran racers and social members!
The officers met and have set Saturday, March 18, as our Spring Kick-off Meeting date. A meeting starting at 5:00 pm with dinner & socializing to follow. Bring your Irish as we will continue that theme on Saturday…flyer to follow.
A big thanks to our WordPress expert, Dan Troup for getting the Photos page of the ALCA website back up. He also added a sub-menu to the Photo tab on the top menu so you can jump directly to a particular nights photos (instead of scrolling down).